Job ID 6995
Experience 5 Years
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
Preferred Location Chennai
Job Title: Sr DevOps Engineer (DevOps, Automation, Ci/CD, Kubernetes)
Experience: 5 to 10 years
What You Will Do
You will perform the role of an devops automation engineer with knowledge on Ansible tower, Linux, DevOps Tools, Unix Shell/Perl scripting, AWS Knowledge and hands-on experience in handling Tier 3 and above responsibilities. Your role will be critical to identify automation opportunities and implement several layers of automation to reduce manual touch points
- Be the point of focal for overall automation responsibilities, primary job responsibilities would be around automation.
- Responsible for delivering various solutions using Monitor Application for availability (hosted on Unix/Linux with Java, WebLogic & C++) using monitoring tools and scripts set up on the server in On-premise and AWS platforms
- Independently, identify the root cause quickly and take corrective actions with tight SLA’s and avoid downtime
- Identify monitoring gaps and build Scripts for monitoring quickly and set them across multiple applications. (Using Shell, Python, Java)
- Have a thorough understanding on Unix/Linux OS (On-premise & Cloud), WebLogic and Client-Server model application and work with System Admins, Middleware and Development teams to get permanent solutions in On-premise and AWS platforms
- Work on Release deploys for multiple applications using Jenkins, Ansible and perform application health checks using various tools in On-premise and AWS platforms
- Represent in outage calls for the application and provide technical solutions and long-term fix
- Perform Incident management and problem management with defined SLA’s using various ticketing tools and scripts
- Work in a 24X7 Shift model
What we’re looking for & You will need to have:
- Willingness to work in 24*7 Operations support Model
- Understanding of Deployment life cycle processes.
- Strong Ansible and Jenkins automation, analytical skills and good ability to summarize and convey the key messages.
- Work in an agile project environment and be ready to juggle between competing priorities.
- Work with the global team stakeholders in the US overlapping hours.
- Excellent knowledge in automation tools, CI/CD pipeline, Unix (preferably Linux) & Windows, Shell scripting, PHP, Perl, Ruby & Python.
- Perform the role of automation DevOps Engineer to transform the applications to CI/CD by applying industry best tools and techniques
- Provide rapid response to queues of incoming problems/incidents, prioritize, drive crisis calls, root cause analysis (RCA) efforts, building up process documents and knowledge base articles
- Incident solving, analytical and critical thinking skills- must be able to work with peers to resolve issues.
- Identify and suggest the areas of opportunities for automation and gaps in Monitoring and access for support. Build the capability for additional monitoring and system support
- Application or environment setup including but not limited to builds, Installs, configures, troubleshoot, monitor, maintain and upgrade software