Job ID 6812
Experience 5 Years
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
Preferred Location Hyderabad, Chennai
Job Title: Sr Devops Automation Engineer (Ansible, Jenkins)
Job Experience: 5 to 10 yrs
Location: Hyderabad & Chennai
- At least 7 years of working experience in Production support functions with majorly working on Application maintenance and support using DevOps Tools, AWS and Kubernetes.
- Strong understanding of UNIX Operating system and adept in any of the scripting languages like shell, awk, Perl etc
- Excellent working experience in CI/CD using GIT, Jenkins, Ansible, JIRA ..etc
- Excellent working experience on the following tools and languages : Shell scripting, Ansible, Python, Rest APIs, Gitlab
- Must have good working experience on Windows & Linux Administration, Virtualization as it will help in understanding the requirements from Operations.
- Ability to Identify automation possibilities to reduce manual workload. Reporting around projects and prepare dashboards to present overall efforts
- Responsible for delivering various solutions using automation technologies
- Understanding the needs of stakeholders and conveying this to developers. Working on ways to automate and improve development and release processes
- Work with a variety of hosting approaches e.g. On Premises or Cloud based Platforms, primarily AWS.
- Knowledge of Telecom domain & SQL is also an added advantage
- Hands-on Knowledge on coding with different scripting languages.
- Understanding and experience in handling of servers like Weblogic, JBoss, Tomcat, Apache, databases like MySQL
- Strong debugging skills in traversing through logs and identify root cause quickly
- Have exposure to Monitoring tools like NewRelic, DataDog, Splunk and ELK etc and use the data for automation of monitoring.
What we’re looking for & You will need to have:
- Willingness to work in 24*7 Operations support Model
- Understanding of Deployment life cycle processes.
- Strong Ansible and Jenkins automation, analytical skills and good ability to summarize and convey the key messages.
- Work in an agile project environment and be ready to juggle between competing priorities.
- Work with the global team stakeholders in the US overlapping hours.
- Excellent knowledge in automation tools, CI/CD pipeline, Unix (preferably Linux) & Windows, Shell scripting, PHP, Perl, Ruby & Python.
- Perform the role of automation DevOps Engineer to transform the applications to CI/CD by applying industry best tools and techniques
- Provide rapid response to queues of incoming problems/incidents, prioritize, drive crisis calls, root cause analysis (RCA) efforts, building up process documents and knowledge base articles
- Incident solving, analytical and critical thinking skills- must be able to work with peers to resolve issues.
- Identify and suggest the areas of opportunities for automation and gaps in Monitoring and access for support. Build the capability for additional monitoring and system support
- Application or environment setup including but not limited to builds, Installs, configures, troubleshoot, monitor, maintain and upgrade software